Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Kelantan


Nyahhahaha.... Skeleton set. Every pair of students get one.. hehe imagine
sleeping with this thing in your room every night.... And this is a real set you know! Yes, real bones!!!





Chapter 2

You remember we once went to Kelantan Kota Bahru for Brats camp? May Hwa, me, Edmund, Angel, Chris and Tiff. And now I'm here, gonna study for 5 whole years here. Talk about fate.

This part is almost all about my feelings. I need to thank all those people who cared enough to ask me, give me their opinions when i was most confused and in need, and support my decision... Thank you... So much... I'll never find friends like you anywhere else... Thanks May Hwa, Wai Jin, the 7 in our family (Su Sin, Chee Kuen, Sue Yee, Wei Zi) Boon Ming, Edmund, my friends from my previous school, even my primary school friend and Pn. Lee and also even Hong Fai... Thank you all... God bless all you wonderful people...

Right. First things first. You all remember how me and May Hwa were late to enter Cochrane? So blur, that first day. Then only we realise that all of you are so so friendly... Haih, for the old days... Miss those happy times so much...

Oops, back to the story. This time, i'm late to enter uni too. But I enter alone... No one's with me... haha so cham.

I stay in Desasiswa Nurani, the newer block, so lucky. Four students to a room!! (Cram like crazy) Double decker bed, I sleep on the top level!! So funny, hahahha... That's my room there, the 4 study tables. And my double decker bed on top... Cram leh...



Then the lectures. I already missed the all the orientation (dunno whether that's a good thing or not. I heard you all got tortured quite badly for orientation. Haha i missed all that!! But I got no senior wor... ) first 2 weeks of lecture, so I had to photocopy the notes from my new friends. And you know what? 2 weeks of lecture notes only is already 2 inches thick!!!! Add the books somemore. And dental AND medical practical equipments somemore! AAaarrrgghhh!


But I found really nice people here. The group of people i first got to know are from Penang. Chung Ling High School (and later, when it's closer to the exams only i discovered exactly how scary they ALL are at studying, and how many Chung Ling seniors are there, and why every year, at least one ex-Chung Ling student will get distinction in professional exam.... Scary-lah!!)


The lecturers are a colourful lot. I'll describe only 2 of them. One is Dr. Chandralekha who teached embryology and anatomy. The way she speaks.... My god. Like a runaway train. Like rapid fire non-stop bullets. Like machine gun. Like... Oh i think you get the idea. The point is, she speaks without pause at all, continuously, without becoming tired, without stopping. Obviously, by the time she finished, all of us were like "Huh..huh..huh.. Wah so tired....huh..huh.."And also obviously, the next time she took our lecture, we gave up trying to understand her Indian English and trying to catch up with what she's saying in front.


Another lecturer, Prof. Muzammil Ullah. This guy teaches Anatomy, and comes from, I dunno, India or Bangladesh or Egypt or something. He knows what he's teaching, i think, but his English!!! If the term is "medial humeral circumflex artery", he will say it like "meauahdfgahdfuygrhbxfvry". Hahaha. The only thing we'll hear is the "me" in front, and the "ry" at the back. Fuh. And we also failed to understand his lecture. In fact we all kinda gave up going to his class after that. haha.


The amount I have to study... Wow. Imagine swallowing all the names of the muscles in your body. In the arm alone there's already over 50 muscle names. Not to mention your legs, face, neck, thorax, abdomen... Then not only the names. The origin (muscle starts from where). The insertion (muscle ends where). The movement. The nerve supply. The artery supply. Lymph supply.

That's only anatomy. There's physiology, histology (we get slides of cells, then we are supposed to look at them and recognise the structures... Nobody knows what we're looking at anyway. Haha) Biochemistry... I thank God i was in Form 6... At least i learnt all the basic stuff before... But the stuff i have to cover within 2 months was already equal to almost all our Form 6 stuff altogether!

And that's only the medical part. Here in USM, as a dental student, i have to learn everything in medicine, and add dentistry to that. That means when medical students are free, we have dentistry. When medical students are studying, we are also studying. Conclusion: we have it worse than medical students. We have absolutely NO time to rest.


Ah well. Who asked me to choose dentistry? My own choice here. But i'm still happy anyway. Because I'm doing what I chose myself. What I like. Haha. This is my dental study model.

No comments: