Monday, October 16, 2006

Anyone remember me?

Hi all!! Oh so good to be back... I have been MIA (missing in action) for so long, did anyone miss me?
Haha long story, forgive me, i know i'm an old nenek, but i can't resist lah, want to tell my storieee...

Chapter One


My god, being in Kelantan is like living in a cave! Completely cut off frOm the rest of the world! Not to mention becoming a total potato; heck i haven't exercised (sweat, actually) in more than 2 months! Almost everyday stuck in my chair, eyes glued to the 3-inch thick book... I swear, when and IF i manage to graduate from USM Dental School, you must all look for a FAT, PALE (cos i'll probably not see sunlight for 5 whole years) ZOMBIE, with thick spectacles (as if mine is not already thick enough) and eyes that look as though i've just been punched, whenever we meet for gathering. Because that person will be me.


So. HELLO all my dearest friends!!! Gosh i really miss you all so much... I didn't even have the time to sit down and write this blog properly before this, forgive me, but i haven't forgotten you all (though i did forget a lot of birthdays, oops, heeeheee. I'm sorriieeee, so sorriee! Happy belated birthday Boon Ming, Irene, Kem Maw... Did i leave people out? Sorriee...) Finally i write something here, cos i'm home now, holidays, just finished the Medical part of my Selanjar 1.


So many things... Where do I start? Yes. At the start of it all.



Everything began to happen when we received our application results from uni right? I got my result too. Yes, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, INDUSTRI DAN TEKNOLOGI SERAT KAYU. I remember that day pretty well. The day we came home from our Bukit Tinggi Trip. Then i... Haih cut all the touchy-feely stuff lah. So I cried. (of course! Imagine that! Work so hard and what do I get? WOOD FIBRE! of course i can go and study that, then jadi a lumber tycoon and what, marry a datuk, become a siew lai lai sit at home no need to work, but where? In the forest?? AND I'M SCARED OF INSECTS!! AND YOU WANT ME TO STUDY FORESTRY??)

Then nvm lo. I did lots of things la. Applied for this and that. Didn't get anything also. To be honest, i felt like an absolute failure. Am i really that bad? to the point that i cannot get anything i applied for? Not accepted anywhere at all? Not even local uni wants me??

Then again, nvm lo. Tried somemore. Went to MCA. Wrote letter to UM, USM, UKM. I want Dentistry. I appealed. No news. Everyone, all my friends have gone on, started their uni life. They have a direction, a future. I have none. I felt lonely and left behind. Probably the lowest point in my 18 years of life. I didn't know what to do. I avoided my friends, because i didn't want to face questions. I felt ashamed.

Then, a shock. NUS suddenly offered me a place in Law, after rejecting me the first time. LAW. (Haha can you all imagine me fighting in court? Hahaha) I didn't even know whether i should be happy or not. Happy, yes, because i now have a future, a direction in my life. And I'm not such a lousy failure after all. I got accepted in NUS Law Faculty!!! One of the best Law Facs in the region! Wow!

But. Law? Do I really want to study law? Why did i even put "Law" in my choices in the first place? Was i nuts? Heaven knows.


Frankly, i know i don't want to become a lawyer. I just plain DON'T. I've been a science student all my life, suddenly i turn 180 degrees and completely abandon science forever? That's crazy! But i accepted anyway, because the alternatives are too expensive; my choices are,
1. IMU (RM 370,000++) Somemore start in March 2007, cos got no place for me adi.
2. Universiti Udayana (in Bali, I got this offer from MCA, but you know what? I couldn't find it listed anywhere in Indonesia on the Internet; it's so small and old it's really scary)
3. Manipal Medical College (I have to study in India)
4. Law NUS (comes up to about RM 150,000 the whole course 4 years. A lot also, but much better than IMU lor!)


So i accepted the offer first. I was depressed anyway. Only about 4-5 days until I leave to start in Singapore, but I didn't start any preparation at all.


Then I got this call. From USM Penang. I had been accepted into USM Kubang Kerian Kelantan Dental School; i have to reach there on Sunday. I put down the phone, and screamed! (What? At home ma! I was so happy!)

So I went to Kelantan. A whole month later than everyone else. But I was really happy!

12 comments:

SK-II Maple Vs Maths said...

haha..gud to hear from u..
i thought u really disappear ady..since everyone oso knew da news..tat u got d offer from UMS then USM...

Neway,congratulation to u tat u hav get wut u wan n wish to get ady!!!

Enjoy ur uni life there!

@murn@ said...

Hey there...
So finally got to blog la...
Hmmm... Imagine if May Hwa actually went into law with me in ATC and you in NUS?

BooNMiNG said...

haha ... ... then it's WONG WONG n TAN ADVOCATES n SOLICITORS ... hahahaha it's like "WOW WOW TAN LAWYER FIRM"

hahahaha .. *laughing non-stop ...

BooNMiNG said...

guys .. do u wanna plan for an outing in this December??? u know .. planning makes perfect ... plan this early so tat everyone ca book their time first .. no excuse saying tat aiya ... got something to do ... hahaha

Jin said...

yoyo. junnie at last finds her way to blog here.. hahahah.. tough job eh?? hoho... shud blog more la.. keep us update ma...
boon... i agree.. i'm coming.. but do tell me earlier.. coz i got hall activities during the holidays.. and i'm applying for vacation stay.. so whoever who's interested in visiting me n illegal squatting in my room.. (shh shhh.. shhhhhhhh la...) do welcome... ^^

BooNMiNG said...

hmm... make it before Christmas ... perhaps the mid-December ... we will have non-stop movie action and large scale of karaoke sessions ...

hahaha

for now .. what i can say it will be around 8-18 December .. anyday in between ...

June said...

I want i want... Outing... But i dunno whether got come home or not wor... Miss you all...

BooNMiNG said...

tats why we set the date and time now so u all MUST MAKE IT lah!!! hahaha .. force you all1!!!

@murn@ said...

Har... cannot wor... My Holiday starts on 17 DEC... Anyway, Boon am going to Myanmar next sunday... Will checkie outie the placie...
Large scale karaoke? Hmmm.... Maybe going karaoke with Angel tomolo...

Jin said...

i miss karaoke... miss it lots.. n i miss U6S2... a class like non other...

June said...

Huih so jealous of people who are in civilisation... In kelantan, there's not even a cinema, let alone a karaoke place... So jealous.... See you all go bowling la... karaoke la.... *sob*

hy3su* said...

junie~ missin u much much much...hehe.. i agree!!! it's pathetic to b left bind civilisation.. haha.. here in trg dun even haf a cinema too... and i saw ur pic in my fren's fren friendster.. i think she's ur coursemate ler.. u all holding the umbrella pic.. neway all d best to you.. must take care ok? dun study like zombie.. ^^