Sunday, July 30, 2006

=H=O=M=E=S=I=C=K= from sg

BOOM MING: Now I am using my room mate's laptop. Homesickness struck my mind heavily. Kinda weak mentally. Finally I got to taste this feeling. I am totally understand why my friend flew over to Malaysia as soon as his academic term ended. I can't wait to go home.

For your information, I reached Singapore (a city that I never thought I would end to study at) on last Sunday. Then joining the MSA FOC (Malaysian Student Association Freshmen Orientation Camp) since I got off from the train on Monday. Along these five days, the camp was very nice. I was in a group named GRACIOUL and of course ... keep cheering and cheering and cheering ... ... n playing n playing ... n of course ... ... keep stucking you with bunch of names that you won't remember ... ... AFTERALL, know quite some number of people but still missing those who I gone out to sing K with ... those who going through the HARDEST exam of the world together with me ... ya guys .. i mean YOU ALL !!!

After one week, finally i can tell you more or less what about what I had experienced in Singapore. Now is 3 something in evening (i finished this by 5 something) . I got hall orientation camp actually but I decided not to participate ...

1. I injured my knee so i can fully ultilise this excuse
2. I am not tired ... i am damn tired
3. I am lazy and of course the main reason
4. it costs SGD50 !!!! man !!!

The seniors said it would be much stressful to join hall camp. Hahaha ... so I guess I would just relax a bit... Muscle soreness all over my body ... my hand etc...


Let me tell you more on my last few days ... on Friday (the last day of the FOC) we went to Sentosa Siloso Beach for activities .. it is fun. The entrance for the beach is SGD2 (Singapore charge you on EVERYTHING POSSIBLE!!!) I found my SP (secret partner) hahaha .. it was one of the game where the seniors tried to pair up some couple but it didn't work for me ... haha ... maybe she's an agresive girl ?? hahaha ... Then it went all the night long for closing ceremony until 4am ... ... haha ... (some even went for supper ... ... =.=")

On 8.15am Saturday, I went to check out n check into my fixed new room. It's in HALL ONE in a block far far on the hill ... gosh ... it was then my parents met my seniors and brought them to me. After I got the chance to see my room, I have to catch up to get my medical report .. (hey ... i'm HIV negative !!!!!) ... Really nice to have my parents here with me. ... then after settle the things in my room, we went out for a walk. We got lost (Singapore's traffic quite good ... no jam but very unfriendly to foreigner's car ... maybe they want you to spend much on their public transportation other than driving on your own) . We went through a few highways and finally got to Orchard Road.

Haha, me quite familiar with Orchard Road becoz last time my FOC got AMAZING RACE which one stop is here, that time we need to separate into two groups ... one on the other side of the street and then we need to act and let other people to guess ... guys .. Haha .. it was so fun. It was like you are acting on the street and the tourists and passengers on bus and drivers watching you doing funny actio like gorilla wearing bra n etc ... It's the game I enjoy the most followed by GHOST WALK ... Damn .. I got scared !!!!! They are so real .. bloddy hell. ... they kept the secret (about the ghost walk) so good that no one knows until your turn (we walked two by two - guy n girl)

So my parents got some daily things that i need and walked on the street, too many people ... ... So we dicided to go ... We tried to look for accomodation near my campus but damn .. it was nothing !!! I tell you ... in Singapore .. of course you know the land is too small ... so basically everyone is living in apartment ... high apartment (but clean n nice n they got walking path everywhere and also a small park in every apartment area) and it's like most of them using public transportation ... In Malaysia maybe you can call someone go out yam cha... then you all will drive your cars to mamak stall or restaurant ... but ... here in Singapore ... there are very less space for cars to park. Basically, for those shops n restaurant, they don't even reserve the space for cars (so the customers are those walking, not driving) and one more .. they don't have rumah tumpangan ... ... those are just concentrate in one area like Geylang or City area .. then it's like everywhere is buildings .. buildings n buildings ...

So my parents stay with me in my block n room ... since my room mate hasn't got home so we actually wanna sleep on his bed ... but it's just merely half hour ... he got home and so my parents went back ... haihz ... ... i dunno leh ... ... after so many time ... i feel like home is home ... and i wanna sing Michael Buble's 'HOME' ... ... I WANT TO GO HOME ~~~~ haih .. really homesick leh ... ... i wanna quote a few sentence from my diary that i wrote the first day i reached here ...

"但是, 这种"想家"的念头有涌出了。很想听到妹妹弟弟的问题。我以后回家一定要有耐心地聆听和回答,因为我以后不知能否再听到你们的问题。我将错失他们的童年,而他们的童年将会少了一个哥哥。"

i'm planning to go home on 2nd September ... dunno lah ... ... but feel like wanna go home ... now everyday i also write diary ... ... haha .. maybe now too free ... online also dunno do what so i blog ...

Let's stop the homesick thing ... let me explain how's the lifestyle here ... hmm.. maybe i'll just talk about food ... the food here can say very expensive ... depends on where you eat .. of course if you convert the currency then of course it is much more expensive than your food in Malaysia ...

For now i only select those under SGD3 as my meal ... so far I tried SHAO ROU FAN SGD2.50, WANTAN MEE SGD2.50, MIXED RICE SGD2.00-2.30, and very few i bought drinks ... .. juz one can of lemon tea costs SGD0.80 .. ... maybe for now i'm not used to the currency yet ... ... haha .. one plate of rice RM5.00++++ ?!?!?! hahahaha ... maybe later i'll eat the SGD3.50 chicken chop hahaha .. not so fast ... but going outside .. it is a nightmare ... yesterday i ate KFC together with my parents at Orchard ... DARN ... ... the 3pcs chicken set costs 8 dollars (RM8.00 in Malaysia n same here too .. just the difference of currency) ...

Oh ya .. i got KUOK Foundation Half Loan Half Grant award, it is one of the motivation to make me to stay strong here ... hope to see you all soon, I am planning to come back on 2nd September ... but not too sure ... anyway ... good luck to you all ...

TTFN


(duration to finish this post : 2 hours++)

7 comments:

Kaito Liew said...

Finally finished reading ur story, very interesting.... ya, homesick is not a good taste but it would b really great can study oversea, u shud appreciate it... aiyah... i oso got homesick (lots of activities is waiting for me)..... but not tat serious as u mah....

hoped to see u on september....

BooNMiNG said...

u finally finish reading my story n finally i got one reply for my post .. so cham ... ... hahaha

i think the feeling quite ok adi .. since last time too free dunno do what then remember my house loh ... now quite ok adi .. getting used to it and try to call home as frequent as i can ...

BooNMiNG said...

of course ... hey buddy ... how are you ? hope u are doing well ... be strong n don't give up !! you will surely find some place belongs to you !!!

oh ya ... i miss the cheap n tasty food in Malaysia ... here most food are sux so far ... haha ... the best food can be considered average standard compared to those in Malaysia ...

hmmm.. i'm planning to come back perhaps on 1st September or wait until my mid-semester break which is on 23rd September ... see lah ... who knows i canno tahan and leave even earlier ... haha

thank you for all ur support !!! Good luck to you n ALL THE BEST !

hy3su* said...

hehehe.... so long ga
daddy.. spore food very wierd hor?
hehe.. if u order roti planta..... dey 'll give u roti biasa..hehe..

*Ke/\/!x* said...

hey!!! the feeling of homesick really isnt that nice afterall. me also wanna GO HOME! HOME!!! Im stucked in here! I really feel like wanna go home for the coming 2 weeks hols...

but, we consider the price of the tic... em. make me think twice... haih... wanna gooo home...

BooNMiNG said...

haha .. yup .. i think so ... coz the bus and train straight from Singapore are charged double ... cheaper if u took from JB but heard that JB very dark n dangerous ...

so ... ... of course it's a lot cheaper compared to yours ...

sue said...

haih....homesick!!!....i feel it so graetly yersterday!!!!!....im alone in d room 4 1 whole DAY!!!!
nothg 2 do...sudd fell so lonely...tinkin if at home can watch movie(maw simpan all d cd adi at tat moment,so gt laptop oso no use), can do LOTS of thgs!!!!
my roommate all out adi...its lyk penjara!!!!..no entertaiment!!!... at last beh ta han....ta pau cloth n stay overnite at ck room...make maw gif me d cd oso!!! haha....food here oso nt cheap leh....tat day i eat a bowl of fish noodle....rm6!!!!...haih...