Friday, July 28, 2006

Activities-Crazy

Last weekend, I made my registration in two UM ‘underground’ societies; don’t be so worry, it is definitely not political bodies. But, both of them are worldwide society.

Firstly, Tzu Chi Collegiate Youth Association (慈濟大專青年聯誼會). I think mostly of you had heard about Tzu Chi Foundation, it is a society that highly focuses on community service and humanistic outreach, especially medical, educational, and disaster relief. This society was founded by a Taiwan Buddhist nun, called Master Cheng Yen 40 years ago.

Oklah…. Straight to the main point, Tzu Chi Collegiate Youth Association is one of it prominent suborganiations. Throughout the world, there are more than 100 universities and colleges of 40 countries have this youth society, including most of Malaysian and Singaporean universities and colleges. Besides humanism service, Tzu Chi Youth also will organize some international interaction programs occasionally.

Last Sunday, I joined their fresher day at KL branch of Malaysian Tzu Chi at Kelana Jaya, its really fun and touching, especially they let us viewed those meaningful videos. As its mother body, Tzu Chi Youth also focus on a lot of social charity works, for example home caring, visit handicap house, recycling campaign etc etc. I think that mahasiswa and mahasiswi not only study for his or her CGPA everyday, but also have to use some time to care about our society, because mahasiswa is eye of society.

Ahh…. Tzu Chi Youth of Malaysia is going to hold a camp 生活营from 22 – 24 September at Malacca branch, I daresay that it is absolutely a wonderful experience in taking part it since there are a lot of things you going to learn in this camp. This is what my seniors have told me. Whoever is interested in it, please call:

UM 03-79581714
UPM 03-89480268
UTM 07-58584066
UMS 088-230602
UKM 03-89221577
MMU 012-4091681
TARC 03-61852786

And that’s all, if any question, please refer to me. Hope to see you there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly, the Navigators SPICE. You might ask what’s on earth is this? Emm… I think someone would know, especially Christians. Yeap, this is indeed a Christian society. Tell you guys a little story in UM, since UM is a so called ‘top U’ in our nation, so it is normal that you can see a lot of mat salih or foreigners walking around the campus, they may be lecturers, professors or students. The story begins at this Tuesday:

After finished that confusing Probability class (my luar jabatan subject), my friend and I just sitting at the dataran sains of faculty for a rest. Two minutes later, don’t know this is called ‘yuan fen 缘份 or not, there were two white people or Caucasians came to me, at first, I was quite shocked and nervous since I has a little bit of xenophobia.

They just asked whether I willing to have a short conversation with them or not, in order to show the friendliness of Malaysia, I just nodded. Both of them although looks similar, actually they are from different countries. One is came from England, and the other is American. They are not UM students but they wanted to interact with Malaysian students. We have roughly talked for 20 minutes, wow, seriously it is my first time ever had a so long conversation with Caucasian in my life, I think my friend also. Later, we became friends, haha, my first foreign friend.

Same day, in the evening, with their invitation, I brought two friends attend their English class that held outside the campus (FOC and transport provided). Actually, it was not a lecture class, but it was more seems like ‘international interaction’. Besides both of them, there are a Korean American (sadly, he couldn’t speak any Korean language, otherwise I can show mine to him, hehe) who came from Washington DC staying together with them, and three of them are navigators. In the class, they got teach us some useful vocabulary that we are not often use. And then, we just chitchat, talked about UK, US and Malaysia etc etc.

Frankly saying, it is quite difficult to get their words because of their native accent or slang. Although English and American are using same language, but their speaking accents are quite far from each other. But, anyway, this is a great opportunity to enhance my English speaking level.

This afternoon, I alone even had a lunch with them. Haha. What will be happened when the east meet west?!?!

Ok…..

Aaarrrggghhh……. I had already become an activities-crazy…..

Besides above, I already joined;

  1. PTUM pesta tanglung AJK
  2. PBCUM Chinese language society, I joined debate team and singer training class (I took guitar class)-- yao lan shou 摇篮手, do you guys know Lin Yu Zhong 林宇中? He also came from hereleh.
  3. PBUM Buddhist society, I joined meditation and English dharma class. And also AJK of vegetarian stall during August Graduation Convocation.
  4. Last but not least, PBSM persatuan balik setiap minggu, haha....

Oh my god!!! Now, seriously I am quite worrying on my CGPA. Emmm, dear Kemmaw, this is my answer, so do I make sense? But I will try my best to help you.

No comments: