Sunday, August 27, 2006

Crazy to a great extent

Frankly speaking, last week was my 7th week in UM but it also was the most crazy week that I ever experienced in my varsity life.

  1. Last week, I skipped all my lectures and tutorial classes, but don’t worry, I already asked my trustful friend to sign my attendances.
  2. Last week, I had 3 papers to test, but honestly I didn’t study in serious manner, I just read through once only~~~~!!!!

Everything thanks to DEBATE!!!

On account of my great enthusiasm in Chinese debate, without any question, I took part in campus Chinese debate competition with some debatolic friends last fortnight. After two weeks struggled so hard, I eventually made ourselves in the last four, but unfortunately defeated by a stronger team after a deadly battle in the semi-final round. This is my first achievement in UM.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My team (the 4 guys with whites) and the blacks are our alliance, they will take revenge for us in the final.

Crazy thing: the semi-final round ended in Friday night but the next morning has a test even though was Saturday. The test was multiple choices but with 100 QUESTIONS. Oh my god. Then, that time I haven’t start my study even a page. So I had no choice and that time I was so exhausted after a week battle in debate field. POK!!! I just slept immediately.

What was happened in the next morning?!?!

I brought my AK47, then I shot and shot. Luckily some questions quite common sense to me, hopefully it won’t fail.

Secondly, I played footsal for my first time.

It definitely wasn’t a normal footsal match, it is because one of the players came from the ancestor land of modern football, he is very keen in his native football skill, that is English attacking-football style which have made a glorious reputation in the international football arena, he is my friend, he also called David…. Normally we call him Dave ~~~~

It was absolutely a cruel match, especially for those freshmen like me. In order to protect the face of a great Liverpool, I played very hard to fulfill a fan's duty.

Everyone chasing the ball, everyone trying to find the ball…… (why I used ‘find’???)

After an hour battle, my team finally defeated by Dave’s team, 5 to 8, and undeniably he was the best player of the game because 5 out of 8 goals of his team was contributed by his golden right leg 黄金右脚.

And now, I am suffering a severe muscle cramp on my both legs. Aaarrrrggghhhh…….

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Group photo after the match

This month, august 2006 is really ‘international’ month, it is because of my caucasian friends, they are Dave and Todd. They made me feel that being ‘international’. Besides them, I also get know a lot of friends during the English class and alpha session. It’s really like a family…. Farewell to them~~~~

Lastly, make some advertisements:

2006 Central Southern and East Coast Tzu-chi collegiate youth fellowship camp

For those who study in universities of Central Southern and East Coast, if interested, please register it. The deadline is 4 September 2006. Be hurry!!!!

5 comments:

@murn@ said...

Wah...
Kai Yit...
Practising in the debates to prepare yourself to take over as the President of China?
Congrats man, semi finals...
A long way for a student with such limited time in school...
So nice so much activities you all have...
My college is dull as ever...
Actually am in college now using th pc in the lobby...
Thats the best facility i ever seen in this place...
Anyway, need to go to library to prepare my assingment...
take care

BooNMiNG said...

hey ... tats fascinating ... how do u manage to skipped all the lectures ? haha

realli good to hear that you are so active in campus ... i am quite skeptical right now since i am very blur in my physics right now ... F=ma ... etc ... OMG ...

By the way ...can imagine how u kick the ball ... lol

Keep the spirit going !!!

Kaito Liew said...

President of China, haha....
this dream too farlah~~~~

this semi-finals really took a lot of my tears and bloods... cant imagine if one day i represent UM for competition?!?!

i tell u honestly, skipping lecture is one of the easiest things in UM.... haha~~~~

hey, don underestimate my football skillleh, u tot a liverpool fan is "lau" ar?!?!

BooNMiNG said...

i never think a liverpool is "lou" .. u forget the next two alpha .. "SY" ... i think that they are "lousy" ... hahhaa

ya .. me also got the feel wanna skip lecture ... but so far i still in 4th week so not yet bombard with ECA .. maybe later when I got activities i won't be going to class ANYMORE~~~~ haha

i'm back to KL this Friday latenight ... got chance come out yam cha ...

Kaito Liew said...

really sorry to tell you that this friday and suturday i afraid i couldnt go yamcha wit u since i was locked by UM debate team, this saturday has a intervarsity chinese debate league....

hopefully see u on sunday~~~~