Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Single room, or not single room?


I have the whole room to myself for this whole 1 month+. Single room. My roommates have all left, cos they are from health sciences faculty, and their holiday started before me, like you all. Woo-hoo!! Yayy, I have my own room!!! So should be happy wor actually!!

Haih. WRONG. When they left, saying goodbye was sad. I wish they’d leave when I’m not around, don’t wanna say goodbye. And now the room is so empty, I can actually hear the echoes of my own voice….


Our last day together, as 4 ppl sharing one room


So sad...



Siti Marni (Sandakan), me, Stacy Arvinna (Beaufort) and Yee Lie (Kluang, Johor) That's on my bed, actually. haha.


Actually I had been alone before, when they had a one-month holiday last time (and I didin’t have any holiday that time!! *sob sob sob*) Last time it felt wonderful to be alone. So why had I liked a single room then, but not now?




Advantages of single room:

1. I can sleep peacefully! (finally I can sleep well! In a 4 ppl room, someone, any one of my roommates will somehow kacau me during my sleep, cos one likes to sleep very late, one likes to wake up very very early, and one likes to sing while listening to radio. Unfortunately I don’t tidur mati (sleep like a pig) like some ppl, so I look more and more like a panda here. Haha)

2. I have 4 tables to myself!! One table to put computer, one table to study, one table to iron clothes and put kettle… haha I dominate ALL the tables. No need to squeeze anymore…

3. I can study in the room peacefully. I used to always pindah to the study room to study, cos my room is simply too “meriah” to study. So now I don’t need to bring my books here and there d.

4. I have all the privacy I want (and this one don’t need to describe, cos we all love our privacy anyway. Ahaha)
etc etc

Before and After


Only my bed left, only my shelves, my table...



Disadvantages of single room:

1. But when you wake up, you see all the empty beds around… So sien…. And if you accidentally oversleep, no one will wake you up…

2. Study peacefully?? Haih when I’m in my own room I have so many other stuff to do and see, (computer, storybooks, magazines, songs, etc.) much more interesting than studying. At least in study room only notes and nothing else, so can concentrate fully. (luckily my room has no internet connection, cos add this distraction and I’ll surely die…)

3. Normally when I come back from study room, my roommates will somehow eliminate my stress, without even trying. So coming back to room, I have something to smile and laugh about, so relieved from stress… but now stress will be 24/7…. Arghhhh

4. And alone in room, nobody to talk to… no one to teman me eat in room (like picnic last time, haha) very sien…

5. I’m scared of insects! (and you all know the number of weird and wonderful insects here. Every night also got so many visitors!!! So horrible!!) At least last time one of roommates is not afraid of insects… She used to rescue me… Now I have to fight insects alone myself!!! Scariiee... I sure use up my Ridsect very fast one, from now on…

6. Last time when wai jin came to visit me (thanks ya, waijin… so happy you came), after she left, I was soooo down…. Miss everyone…. I just miss people…. Gosh when people leave after visiting me, I’ll feel even worse than before…. Haha I’m so weird
etc etc..


The amount i must study. Actually plus another 2 files under the table... Hahaha (vomit blood)


So, which is better? Single room or not?? 4 people in a room? What do you think? (But I’ll soon be glad I have single room, cos final professional exam coming!!! Help meeeee…) Better concentrate on studying!!! I’ll only be home after 11th June….. Less than one week, my holiday.... Miss you all… Hope when I go home can see you all! Take care, everybody =)

2 comments:

Jin said...

trust me... single room there's only one advantage, which is privacy. staying in single room is horrible... i used to hate to go back to my room. perhaps i shall say, fear... not hate.. internet becomes my sole company, or precisely msn. no msn, i'll die. If there's one day with no internet connection, the only thing i will do is just go to bed as early as possible. visits? everytime there's a visit, i'm superbly happy(though in my little corner of the heart i do not want coz i do not have time to do my stuff at all), but after dat, i'll cry... and one thing u do not want to happen when u stay in single room is falling sick. this is the last thing u would want this to happen coz nobody wil be there to help u. u r there all alone. this is freaking horrible. 2 times i've fallen sick. the only thing i could do is crying in my own bed. trust me, single room is not good at all... unless u r dem individualistic...

BooNMiNG said...

so you have heard the cons from single room occupancy... now hear the pros of double room resident..

Sometimes I really don't know what to do if I'm all alone in the campus. Really, and hard to imagine that... everything on your own... it's a little bit scary.. haha... though it's still managable.. but i think having a few roomates will certainly add some colors to our campus life. Of course you have to be vareful when choosing roomates .. haha

it's always good to have a good roomate... hehe...