Saturday, May 19, 2007

工作的乐趣 - Joy of Working

Oh my god, I'm having fun working... hahaha... How can that be? I'm currently a part time program assistant for an executive program of a famous company. I won't revel it yet before the end of the program but who cares ? Haha... For those who don't know what I'm doing... You can simply say I'm a general clerk. But I rather call myself as a program assistant. Hehe... And I'm honored and happy to be able to assist those executive person of the company throughout the program.

OK. So who are they? They are all executive level staff in the company. Precisely, they are regional directors/directors/team manegers/general managers etc for their own region and all coming over from several countries ; France, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, China, Japan, Singapore, USA, Argentina, Taiwan, Indonesia and Brazil. Wow!! Haha... I'm serving them and it's weird that I'm still happy about them? Haha.. I should be happy, because they might be my future employers .. haha .. juz kidding ... 3 more years and don't know what will happen ... hahaha ...

Actually the job is quite stress because need to sit in the lecture room and assist the professors and follow their instructions. Other than that I will need to play many many roles at a time including, general clerk, general worker (shifting stuff), replenishing staff (replenish waters every lecture), IT assistant (help in laptop setup), Wireless LAN Consultant (consult delegates for the WiFi thingy), General Secretary, Light and Sound Engineer (turning on and off for professors' presentation), files & notes distributor, Photographers ... etc etc ... I'm amazed that I would still be able to multi-tasked. =.=" Luckily, last Thursday Mr. Lee (regional HR Manager for Asia Pacific for that company) brought all the delegates to de-stress, as a photographer so I got the chance to follow them and yahoo!!!

I tried many new things and I was so excited!! Let you see some pictures first !!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh yea.. I scored 48 out of 60 ... GENG leh ? hahaha...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Haha.. The first game that we had was Archery. You can see all those standing beside me are big big fellows... and the white t-shirt man standing so stylish there is the coordinator, Prof. Chew - one of my professor. (aka boss) haha.. honestly very very respect him, though he didn't teach me directly but he did teach me some lesson indrectly... very thanks to him (especially one sentence that he said when I made a mistake - he asked, "You are student from NTU right?", i answered, "yes" and very ashame and guilty, he said, "You know you need to be different!! Cannot be the same!!", i said, "Ya, I know." From now on, I'll never be the same again...)

I had great time together with professors, Mr. Lee (boss from the company), delegates and my little boss Esther and Jowe (ahaha .. i'm assisting them mah..) ... very nice experience !! I grab chance to ask the Singapore delegate about the company and how did he choose the person that went for interview... hahahaha ... i won't tell you all about that .. hehe .. company confidentiality ... hahaha ...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So that is the picture with all the person minus one. (that's me holding the camera... T.T) Oh yea, forgot to mention, it's nice to take photos as well because this office let me shoot photos with their semi-pro camera, Canon EOS 350D ... OH MY GOD !!! Whatever photos that I shot simply just turned to very nice photos automatically magically !! hahaha.. that's the power of MONEY !!!

So you want to see more photos ? Then we went for boat ride along Singapore River later on. That was my first time because SGD12 per ride to me is way too expensive and all I did was just walking along the river. Don't believe ? Ask Kai Yit. Did I bring him onto the boat ? Hahaha ... So this time I got aboard for FREE !! Hahaha... very nice ... So took a lot of picture and together with me on the board are some delegates from Japan, Italy, Taiwan, China, Belgium, Argentina and Brazil !! I had a great experience introducing this foreign city to them !! (I should get a tour guide licence soon... I had had enough explaining all these places to people... hahaha)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is a nice one. Since I never take boat ride before so never get the chance to shoot the scenes at this angle... Very nice !!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The uncle hold the camera + the boat shaking so blur a bit.. hahaha.. Nice to talk with them!! Hehe...

In the night Mr. Lee brought all of us to East Coast Park to eat seafood there... hahaha ... ... i think I'll never get the chance of doing this kind of job again. Where the hell in this world you can find a job like mine? hahaha... There we ate, and drink. .. omg !! This is the offical FIRST time I drank BEER. Last time I just drank some DILUTED Heineken (and very little too... 1 small cup) and this time the delegates never ask me then poured 1 big glass of TIGER beer to me already (Japanese delegate .. hahaha .. they are very funny, not yet drink already drunk... hahaha). Throughout the night we ate, we drank (i drank 1 and half big glass of TIGER.. omg .. but i felt nothing .. really nothing at all ... just felt bitter.. wonder why people likes to drink BEER ... @.@") Hahaha .. very funny !! It's really a great time spent !!

It's worth working everyday (Monday-Sunday) from 8am to 8pm .. (sometimes... but that day we went out until 10pm.. haha). I learnt very much especially in social and dealing with BIG and IMPORTANT people. At first before accepting the job I was like... EH ... How to deal with those people leh ? Actually they are just like normal human being, just like our father... hahaha ... normal people and easily mingle with... OK talk too much crap. Later when I snoop more pictures out then I will post more la... C U !!

2 comments:

June said...

erm Boon, you sound a bit drunk when you posted this. So many "haha"s and "OMG"s. haha

Sound so great leh. lotsa fun. And the pay?

BooNMiNG said...

hmm... the total paycheck is confidential ... but i can tell you one hour SGD 7 la

even i follow them to play it is counted as a photographer doing his job, haha, nice leh??

yesterday the whole program ended and honestly after spending almost 2 weeks with the people sometimes it feels a little bit hard when I realise that i won't be seeing them for a long time afterwards ... especially those executive that they will leave for their own country afterwards ... how nice some of them gave me name cards and asked me to call them if i go to their country !! WOW !! I need to plan a world trip soon !!